8.23.2009

See? Nerd.


After re-connecting with a very inspiring friend this summer, I've been writing again. I'm a strong technical writer. Clinical evaluations, however, aren't typically on the bestseller list. I don't really think that publication is my goal - I just like writing. I've picked up a couple of really great books, the first of which you see above - Words Overflown By Stars, which is a collection of essays and presentations from the Vermont College of Fine Arts. The other is The College Handbook of Creative Writing. I don't care who you are, poetry is HARD. I am not even taking into account my previously mentioned issue with the prepositions. But, I enjoy it. I've already written one, called "The Night I Slept With Bukowski". It's okay. It was fun to write, though.

Oh, here is my new dining room. Sorry about the messiness on the table:
The mess on the table is gone - except for the computer, since I GAVE my parents my wireless router, and I have to stay tethered to the wall for the time being. Maybe I should go buy a router today. Hmm. I also need an external hard drive. Speaking of computers, here is a list of triumphs I have had lately:

  • Successfully "downloaded" Adobe Creative Suite 3, and saved myself, like a billion dollars.
  • Figured out some codecs patch thing that I needed to view movie files on WMP.
  • Managed to download Photoshop Actions off of DeviantArt.com and install them into PS.
  • Bought a new Garmin GPS that allows me to simply transfer Geocache coordinates onto the device instead of having to enter them manually, like I used to do on that GHETTO Magellan. P.S. Never buy a Magellan ANYTHING.
  • Bought new Altec Lansing speakers, which were like 14 dollars, but kick ass.
  • FINALLY opened a Clearwire account, instead of piggybacking off of whoever "Linksys2" is. Free internet tastes better, though.
Ok. I have to go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment