9.15.2009

Oh Emm Gee.


I am EXHAUSTED. I am exhausted because homecoming (for Monahans and for Midland Lee) is this weekend. I had one friend say, "Hey, my daughter's going to be in a parade on Thursday, can you make me a mum?" So I say, "Sure"....no big deal...make a little money, put together a little something - a ten minute trip to the store, tops. THEN, my SISTER, whom I ALREADY MADE A MUM FOR, texts me while I am at the BOOKSTORE, TRYING to have a RELAXING evening, and says, "Hey can you make an awesome (note: not just a garter, but an AWESOME garter) for Little Peep (my nephew, who is THIRTEEN and would DIE if we ever called him that in public)?" There are a number of problems with this:
  1. I ALREADY ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED ME TO MAKE HIM A GARTER AND YOU SAID NO.
  2. Monahans is closer to Odessa....not Midland. ERGO, in order to get Monahans colored stuff, I have to drive TWENTY MINUTES one way to get stuff.
  3. YOU ARE TEXTING ME THE WEEK OF HOMECOMING WITH AN ORDER I COULD HAVE FINISHED TWO WEEKS AGO.
...but enough yelling. I got home, my plan to eat dinner and be lazy and read The Lost Symbol now aborted, and I started the mum. Now that I have made a few, the process is easier. Finished that one in about an hour and a half. Then I went straight into the garter, which was a little more complicated, because I basically had to PUT THE MUM I HAD MADE FOR MYSELF UP FOR A COMPLETE SACRIFICE in order to get the garter done. If this is what it means to have children, I am sticking with my hamster. Anyway, long story short, I get them both done by 10, get in the shower, and now I am making this entry so I can flop on my stomach in bed, read a little bit, and go to sleep, because I'm exhausted, and my stamp-carving back injury has been irritated.

This is what I WANTED to do:

I actually went to work LATE today, because Barnes & Noble doesn't open until 9, and I wanted to buy the book before I went into the office. I'm only ten pages in or so, but it's riveting. I didn't read The DaVinci Code, but I did read Angels and Demons a few years ago and I loved it. I really enjoyed the movie too. I'm excited to see how this one plays out. I might finish it tomorrow, unless my hamster texts me and decides she wants to go to homecoming too.

OH - more mail art....just one weird postcard, but I was sorry to let this one go. I liked it, but I can't tell you why:



For this one, I used a vintage map of Los Angeles, an old encyclopedia, text from Teen Vogue (no, I do not want to explain why I have a copy of Teen Vogue), office dots, text from a couple of other magazines, and a piece of a menu from a Thai restaurant in Queens. I think I liked this one because of what it ended up saying...that we're only at the halfway place.

Before I go, if I'm going to be fully accountable, I have to say that my day would not have been as hectic if I hadn't gone shopping for silly clothes and shoes prior to all the homecoming crap.

I did buy a military jacket, though.....YAY.

P.S. I tend to walk on the outsides of my feet....I can't remember if that's pronate/supinate/whatever, but ANYWAY, the outside edge of my left foot is kind of sore. I want it to feel better. Is there a podiatrist, or some sort of bone doctor reading my blog? I will take any free medical advice, thank you. I am asking because I don't want to know what kind of results I will have to sift through if I search for "OUTER EDGE FOOT PAIN" on Google.

I am delirious with sleepiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment