9.22.2009

Sigh. I Have To Say It.

SIGH. I wanted to love it. I wanted to say, "Wow, this is so good, I'm never listening to Sing The Sorrow ever, ever, ever, ever again!"

....Alas, this was not meant to be. I love AFI, and so I will still buy the album...I will still go the concert in Austin in November in the hopes that they will play Miss Murder, or The Leaving Song Pt II. or God Called in Sick Today. WHY DON'T I LOVE THIS ALBUM? Why isn't Davey screaming? Where is all the despair? I'm not even sure how I feel after listening to these songs. Am I happy? Am I confused? I will say this....from the interviews, it seems as though the songs in this album all fall into a theme that the band wanted to express...themes of ephemeral, temporary, intense rushes of emotion... I think they were very successful thematically. As far as why I fell in love with them in the first place....brooding music, screams, great breakdowns and bridges, lots of dramatics, and a more classical-sound overall, most of that is missing from this album. I am on track 6 and noone has screamed so far. There has been NO bridge where they slow down the BPM's. Alack and alas. I like tracks 1 6-8 so far. I do not like track 2 in any way.

For those of you who are even mildly interested in what I am whining about, visit HERE.

I'll be back later, after I'm done crying, and after I've listened to Sing the Sorrow, Black Sails in The Sunset, and Decemberunderground to make me feel better. Oh, AFI. Please help me love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment