9.21.2009

Wanna See What I Do For A Living?

Well, this is just a part of what I do....but I just wanted to show that I do, indeed, use math occasionally, even though it is usually the bane of my existence. You might be asking, "What in the world would a psychotherapist need to do with Fractions of K ?" The answer is: Plenty.

Shall I delight you with the tale of how my morning went? First of all, I was thrilled that I was going to be able to sleep in. I usually don't work on Fridays, but this Friday we are running polygraphs at the office, and I have to be there, so my boss told me it would be ok if I didn't come in today. So, I turn my alarm off and am in the middle of a VERY deep REM cycle when the phone rings at approximately 8:15am. It is my colleague, asking me if I would like to reschedule one of my patients, because, evidently I scheduled him to come in on MONDAY AT 9 and HE IS ALREADY EN ROUTE. I debate this for only a few seconds, because I quickly concede that the damage has been done and I am already awake, and extremely unlikely to fall back asleep. I thank my colleague for giving me the heads up, get dressed in a stupor, and make it across town to work. At this point, I am probably still in my REM cycle, but I try to hide it. I see my patient and decide to just stay at work until lunch. Now that I'm reading back over this, that is not an incredibly entertaining story, but oh well.

On a more interesting note, I got some Mail Art today:

Woot! A crab! Anyway, I was thrilled, so I will once again be headed to the mailbox tomorrow.

I would love to stay and chat, but my Zune software (i HATE it when they update and my stuff gets screwed up) is no longer recognizing my player, so I have to restart, and see if that fixes it.


No comments:

Post a Comment